View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 02:11 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I have replied to Transparent's reply, asking for specific prices. I'd like to see what going through the upgrade program does for the IC prices. Then, if this gets as far as an in-home trial, I'd try one Premium PC and one pair of Super ICs. Just in case, I asked for prices on a 4ft or 5ft pair of their Plus speaker cables; standard length is 8ft to start ($900 MSRP and too long for my needs). Since I bi-wire using two pair of 12TC, the price then doubles.

Question: Given the noise-reducing power of the Premium PCs on my preamp and power amps, is it still possible for the amps to pass noise to the speakers? Transparent speaker cables all have noise modules on them, as the Transparent rep pointed out, but would I really need that?
Here would be my advice: when you do your cable evaluation of the Premium PC, rent in a couple Shunyata Delta NR v2s and compare those as well.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.