View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 04:40 PM
Semi-audiophile

I heard from Transparent finally, and it's not anyone I've corresponded with previously. Having provided a complete list of my equipment, his first recommendation is I audition some Transparent speaker cables. They design their stuff to be in a matched system, and he/they believe that would yield the most profound changes. I've never had any complaints concerning my Kimber 12TC, but a networked cable matching my gear would yield real results, Transparent says.

As for the PCs vs. ICs, they recommend I start with the interconnects, actually. That means going from Plus to Super before the HPPC to Premium upgrade. The IC swap, even with the upgrade program discount, is still more money than the PC swap. Auditioning any of this is tricky these days, but the dealer I worked with on my PC upgrades might arrange one.

So some things to think about, even as the overall idea of upgrades has cooled a bit. Cooled, but not cold.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks