View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 09:09 AM

My speaker’s woofers seem to be moving WAY more than the bass would require. When the song goes into the next song on the record, the woofers are still going in and out at a manic pace, despite no bass sound being present. I am not hearing any hum or unwanted noise.

My turntable is 30 feet away from my front wall on a very heavy solid cabinet with solid floors and My phono stage is musical surroundings grounded to Technic SL-1700mk2 with a shure v15 typeIV cartridge using a Jico Vn45he SAS Stylus. I have a ground wire running in plastic PVC pipe through the walls all the way to my McIntosh C2700 preamp from the phono stage. And I tried the turntable hooked up directly to the McIntosh phono imput up front not using the musical surroundings phono stage and still the same problem.
I tried using vibration isolation pads under the TT. Also read about rumble filters but my stereo shop didn’t recommend that to solve the problem however maybe it’s in the tonearm. Possibly the plinth is not solid.
Probably the best thing for me to do is to find another turntable and see if it does the same thing or not.
I love collecting records but my blue sound no to I seem to be less guesswork.
I’m going to eventually figure this out and I know my turntable is nothing special. After I get my stereo system complete, I may buy a better turntable. Any suggestions would be awesome.
Thanks.
Jim