View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If your still having problems setting up your table I'll try and help you tonight. I don't have time right now to read some of the back pages as to what you have done. I have lots of these tables for many years so I can guid you pretty good, setup is very important to get the best out of the table.

At the beginning of the thread I said this guy needs a SOTA, you have made the right move, you just need to get it right.
Thanks for the offer.

A simple stylus cleaning solved the problem, as it turned out. Now, the problem is making the time to play more records. One of the things that made me hesitant initially to buy a new TT was that I wasn't playing records that much, so why spend the money? If I don't work that out then the whole thing is a waste (almost) and I should have just kept the VPI. Since June began I've played only 2 LPs.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks