View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:58 AM

I'v had Carl from the company Sound of Science in my listening room to analyze my acoustic and my system to see if there is something that I can do better.
Carl is very well educated and experienced in acoustics and also a passionated hifi and music lover.

Some gear...

He spent almost 5h in my room. Started just to listen to my system and took notes. Then he measured my room dimensions, made drawings, calculatet angles, space and volyme etc and got familiar with the furnishing, materials and so on.

Then he played some different sounds to measure from.
We moved around some different absorption and diffusion and compared the results.
The system/the speakers had very low distorsion and were almost perfect in frequency response and so on, he said. It was interesting to se this on the computer and he spoke about the acoustic effekt the human body and head have in some frequencies sound level in the ear. The level is raised in some midrange frequency interval due to our anatomi. Therefore good speakers have a compensation for this in those frequencies. My speakers were perfect in that way he said. It was interesting to know and I'm happy about it. Though I don't really care much for specifications but more about how I like the sound. But good specifications have for sure effekt on how good the music is represented.

I'v already been doing acoustic measurements some years ago with another acoustic-pro and I have made some treatment since then. I wanted to see how it all turned out. Due to my ears I think it's good but I know there are some late reflexion and I will figure out if some more diffusion would do better than I already is.

It turned out that I just have minor problems with the acoustics. I'm happy about that to. I can hear that there is a late reflexion that is late enough not to interfere with original sound, but it would be better to lower that energi a bit. He told me that my room dimensions and open spaces connected with other spaces on the this floor are helpful.

I will deal with the late reflexion from the right wall with absorption and probably ad some more diffusion in the space behind the sweet spot.

Last edited by Apexorca; 03-19-2019 at 01:51 PM.