View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelius View Post
Like many of us here, I think Shindo gear is something special. If I did not believe so, I would not have voted with my hard earned $'s and would not be here. However, I actually hope this forum attracts some long term Shindo owners who can provide views into what Shindo gear they prefer and which they passed on and why. I have no problem with voicing negative (or non-rave) comments as long as reasons are articulated and they are directed at equipment and not people. I'd find that a refreshing change of pace.
Great point Sibelius. On that note, I will say that - as sweet and delicious the Montille (EL84) is, the Cortese is - for my tastes, my room and my speakers - the amp I've been looking for all my life. As I mentioned in my review, it was love at first note. It was as if the amp had been voiced exactly for me.

This is no exaggeration.

If anything, I did not think that combination of detail and sweetness, for lack of better terms, was possible. At most, it was a "platonic ideal" that I did not believe would ever materialize - at least not in my listening room.

Having said that, I am no audio hoarder (I have sold 10x more gears that I've kept) but, to use your words, I am not going to "pass on" the Montille. I plan to keep it and use it in another system. Same with the Auriges.

Based on your impressive list of equipment, it looks like you haven't passed on many Shindos yourself .

Alberto