View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 AM

I put "Fan boy" in quotes because as us grizzled audio veterans know, 95% of all reviews (from critics and owners) are almost uniformly positive. That seems to contradict the actual actions of most audiophiles who cycle through gear pretty readily in search of greener grass. Agree with you 100% that the ultimate vote of confidence is staying power. Not having upgradeitus is wonderful for both our mental health and wallets .

Like many of us here, I think Shindo gear is something special. If I did not believe so, I would not have voted with my hard earned $'s and would not be here. However, I actually hope this forum attracts some long term Shindo owners who can provide views into what Shindo gear they prefer and which they passed on and why. I have no problem with voicing negative (or non-rave) comments as long as reasons are articulated and they are directed at equipment and not people. I'd find that a refreshing change of pace.
Speakers: Tonian classic 12 (PHY driver) and Hawthorn Audio Trios (Open Baffle). Analog Source: Nottingham Ana-log, Garrard 301. Tonearms: SME 312S, SME M2-12R, Nottingham Unipivot. Cartridge: Koetsu Onyx, Lyra Helikon Mono, Ortofon SPU Classic. Digital Source: Eastern Electric Dac +. Electronics: Shindo Vosne Romane Preamp, 45,2A3,300B,F2a,GM70 SET amps, Atma-sphere S30 OTL, Dynaco ST-70, Shindo Haut-Brion