View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 PM

Honestly guys, at least on the pics, I do not find the SB's very sexy. The good thing is that they are narrow. But their look is very conventional.
I could not say that they are as sexy as my WP8 and my Rega RS10's. And I find my Super 8's much more elegant.
Moreover I am not a fan of black speakers and the black front baffle was so annoying that I even asked John DeVore if I could have a custom made other color. He said yes, which really surprised me but then I thought about the drivers being black, the baffle being an other color and the sides again an other color....this would more look like a carnival costume than a speaker so I changed my mind and kept them as they are.

I may change my mind about their look when I will see them in person. It happened to me a few times. Some gear is not photogenic.

Anyway they will be in the dedicated room so esthetics, although important, is not the highest value in this room.

I just could not resist anymore to try the top of the line DeVore speakers, after reading impressive reviews, after knowing what the little sisters (Super 8's ) do, and after reading John's opinion on the SB sound compared to the O96 and the new Gibbon X. I am also very curious to see what this great designer call a "Reference".