View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I haven't owned either, but I did demo Nordost Heimdall 2 interconnect for a day. I own a set of lower tiered Audioquest Mackenzie XLR and I must say that the Nordost was much less bright yet a lot more detailed in the upper frequencies.
My Mackenzie is bright enough to hurt/annoy my ears, and at the same volume the nordost XLR was clear and the annoying harsh sound went away.
I could listen to higher volumes with Nordost and still not get the same ear discomfort. Comparing $100 to a $1,000 set is hardly fair though, yet this is all the comparison I have to offer.

I wish I had an opportunity to check out WireWorld as it seems to be a forum favorite but Nordost is the only cable locally distributed interested in a demo, even if my demo isn't the full lineup in my system. At this point I intend on ordering Frey 2 for my system.
To clarify - the Nordost speaker cables can be on the bright side depending on speakers. The interconnects do not demonstrate these traits. I still have Frey 2 interconnects at my office system, I like them very much.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,