View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 PM

I had compared Cardas Clear with Wireworld Platinum Eclipse on my previous McIntosh system.
While Cardas had an ultra robust bottom end I’d go so far to describe as “juicy,” that was all it had. I found the rest of the sound undefined and unresolving by comparison to a number of other cables I was auditioning. I was auditioning Wireworld’s Platinum 6 series at the time and I didn’t love that either, though. At some point I demoed WW Platinum 7 and I found what was, to me, the best combination of traits in a cable- never thin sounding, warm and natural bass, realistic mid range tonality, and clarity without any spotlighting of the high frequencies. It’s funny because it doesn’t necessarily do any of those things the best I’ve ever heard, but it sounds the most natural. I’ve never heard this combination of traits integrated so naturally. The only disclaimer I’d make is that this does not include the WW Platinum power cables. I haven’t heard the latest series of Platinum power cables as I’m thrilled with my current references.
Obviously, YMMV

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables