View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Thanks for the tips. Traffic was my favorite band back in the
late sixties, at the end of my short college career. I actually met them and partied backstage before a concert at UMass in Amherst, when I was living in Boston.

We sat backstage during the concert, and my Springer Spaniel, Boris, wandered out on stage while they were playing, and got a big laugh from the audience. Went back to their motel and partied till late at night. One of my favorite memories of those days. I'll check out that Winwood album.

You do know you could probably stream all that music you mentioned, don't you?
Meeting Traffic and Steve Winwood had to be and exciting experience. The good thing about the Steve Winwood CD is that it covers both Traffic and Steve Winwood. As far as Wilson Pickett, I hated him as a child. But having purchased the Box set for a little of nothing, I can appreciate both his singing and the Band. His band is smoking with horns and organs and overall killer musical sound. Most of the recordings were done at Muscle Shoals and sound somewhat tube like if you will. I am going to stop buying CDs as I am spending monthly much more than the subscription cost for streaming. Thanks for the suggestion.