View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 02:27 PM

Late reply.....I bought the Halo integrated after auditioning a Musical Fidelity m5i, which I did like, big sound but lacked some stuff I was looking for.

The Halo has all I need, huge power at 160wpc/240wpc, will drive prolly anything easily. What I like is the 45amps peak per channel current, lots of reserve.

The DAC I am finding is excellent, I also have a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC11, I think the Halo is better which uses an ESS Sabre 32 (32bit/384) and can handle DSD Native to 256. I'm not a fan of internal phono stages as I have a Musical Surroundings Nova II (battery power). The noise floor on my analog end has dropped considerably as the Halo is very black background, with the Nova II almost all new vinyl is virtually noiseless.

The Parasound Halo sound is clean, very dynamic with high resolution with a very detailed low end, I am not a boom boom guy. I prefer musical detail and the Halo does pull all that stuff.
Balanced and unbalanced in/outputs the HT bypass, the bass mgmt system, dual mono PS and power amplifier. Richard Schram told me it operates Class A for first 3-4 watts then Class A/B, he did not design it to handle the heat generation of Class A to 10 watts. Which is fine by me....needs about 200 hours to fully bloom.

I like it

Cheers