View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crion View Post
At the moment I have not heard a better streaming platform. My dealer have both the vivaldi stack and msb stack. I think that is quite the accomplishment.

How good the SE incarnation of DSP speakers are? No idea but will hopefully soon find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g997 View Post
Huh?
Sooloos better than dcS?
WOW!
Sooloos is good but not anywhere close in league to dcS, especially Vivaldi......
I will clarify my listening impressions a bit so you will understand where Vivaldi needs some work IMHO.

Vivaldi stack playing from it's own CD transport, YG speakers, boulder amps - awesome silver disc! Absolute state of the art.

861v8/ID41 Sooloos streaming through DSP8000 - awesome streaming! All the reference ingredients are all here.

Vivaldi playing USB from Macbook - Pretty good, but missing the expansive soundstage and with some distorsion compared to DCS silver disc transport. Not as quiet.

Vivaldi playing through ethernet from QNAP NAS - Pretty good, but now with more distorsion and listening fatigue than USB connection from Macbook.

This is my listening experience, YMMV. There was a VERY obvious difference between doing streaming/USB with Vivaldi vs. using it's own silver disc CD transport. And this is what sets Meridian apart IMHO, they are doing reference streaming quality now. DCS still have work to do with their USB/streaming SQ.

PS. Damn I swallowed the flamebait

Last edited by Crion; 03-17-2014 at 12:35 PM.