View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
A Question - Does your dealer sell both Classe and McIntosh, as well as B&W? If he does, he may well be in a position to give sound advice based on experience,expertise and actual comparison.

But, even if he does sell all three brands, he would naturally love for you to buy some new stuff and would be delighted for you to make a change, especially in these recessionary times.

I know from personal experience, that Terry Menacker, who owns Overture in Wilmington, DE., sells and stocks all three brands and has, for many years, been a source of good advice to me. The guy is honest, his integrity is absolute, and you can trust him. He will shoot straight with you whether you buy from him or not. (Of course, he, too, would love for you to buy something.)
My dealer here does sell all of them listed but its hard for them to really recommend one of these over the other even if it is there gut feeling IMO because a dealer that carries Mcintosh and B&W/Classe, well these brands probably represent 80% or more of there total sales. I would assume while they may offer a bit of advice it would be not much because you wouldn't want one manufacturer to get word somehow that you seemingly pushed one more than the other. They can however do A/B setup for you in same room and let you decide.