View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyc View Post
It's hard to rest for a while, especially after catching the 501 strain of that dreaded LuFlu
Well, maybe. But rest depends in part on the level of exposure to the magazines, catalogs, and forums like this one also.

I was looking for a new TV since 2005 or so, when I began researching. From about 1994 up until 2008 I was okay with what I had aside from the TV; I bought one 7/23/08. So then until now I've bought (in no particular order): a TV, TV stand, equipment racks, CD/DVD rack, SACD player, tuner, 2 blu-ray players, video processor, interconnects (because what I had wouldn't work with the stand), turntable conditioner, tonearm cable, S-Video/digital audio selector, power conditioner, monoblock amps, and an audiophile extension cord. I don't want to think about how much money that is.

The final arbiter for further moves is going to be money, probably. As for power cords, I'm torn between Kimber, WW and PS Audio. I was last week, too. And the one before. With the exception of the Jewel AC, PSA power cords are quite stiff, and I prize flexibility above almost all else. I'm thinking something not too expensive that I wouldn't mind moving up from in a couple of years, finances and desire permitting.