View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

After I hooked up the 6 gauge copper wire from the switch to the cable junction box I noticed the grounding cable for the cable and phone was attached to the incoming water pipe on a Copper line - the home is all Copper, no Pex.

Last night I tied into the clamp and heard a difference but was not thinking as good as when it was in the cable box, there was now 4 pieces of wire in the clamp at different diameters, plus some were stranded - then I did some reading after the fact and realized it was said not to tie in with cable and phone because their issues could become mine.

So I bought two new grounding clamps, keeping the 6 gauge audio separate, then cleaned the pipe and was cautious when placing the audio clamp onto the pipe as the elbow is about an inch off and don’t want to break soder.

Let me tell you the difference was now greater then the cable box tie in, and I had a hunch this was gonna happen.

That little noisy AQVox SE switch needs to be tamed and begs for grounding, and that’s what I gave her 🤺 My system is killing as it should for that pile of cash, and it every tv in the home has taken a step up as well.

So if your not using linear on the switch, and your switch has a grounding screw then consider following something like I did as an option, I now have under $20.00 in this and the work was simple at best.

IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2082.jpg