View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Can someone that's installed or examined the latest Furutech 105-D NCF wall plate explain the following detail from the Furutech description?

"Important notice for customers using the 105-D NCF outlet cover with GTX Wall Plate: for improved sonic performance, the 105-D NCF has been designed not to sit on the base of the GTX Wall Plate and the Teflon sheet is not required when fixing the 105-D NCF to the GTX Wall Plate."

What exactly is this saying? Is it NOT designed to be used with the GTX Wall Plate? The quote seems to say that improved sonic performance is obtained by not placing the 105-D on the wall plate. What is the included Teflon Sheet supposed to be used for?

I'm thinking of ordering the wall plates but unclear with how they are best designed to be installed - with or without wall plates and with or without a teflon sheet.
That quote from Furutech sure seems to contradict itself.
I have the wall plate and 105-D NCF cover and intend to use them together. I just may not use the Teflon sheet. Curious what Ivan's take on this is. He sold several packages together (105-D NFC + GTX Wall Plate + GTX-D NCF Receptacle) last year and that's how I'm going to be installing mine (this weekend FINALLY).
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker+Kuzma 4-point+Miyajima ETR-MONO SUT & Miyajima Infinity (Mono) // Hana Umami (Stereo)
Tweaks: Shakti Stones, GIK Panels, IsoAcoustics Feet