Thread: LeMons?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Racing Hoopties

Well I popped my LeMon with a sorry 12 laps this weekend at Barber Motor Sports park (Fantastic track!).

Team Ol' Dudes had a rough weekend. Chasing oil leaks, fixing a broken tie rod and then trying to figure out why we couldn't keep the front end alignment ending with lots of blue smoke for those behind us.

Saturday started with a nice two hour run by our starting driver and 42 laps. It ended after a 16 hour day of wrenching which ended at 11:00 PM after learning we had a broken sub frame which explained why we couldn't keep the front end alignment . More wrenching and some welding and some use of the BAH (big ass hammer), we made it back on the track on Sunday around 3:00. Didn't get see the checker as we were blowing oil and were politely asked by the officials to park it so as not to 'oil' the track for the leaders in the last hour. - fair enough.

54 total laps and we were not last!

It was a blast and I will do it again with the Ol' Dudes - if they will have me.
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack