View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 07:30 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebenz View Post
The 2500 came in today and the first thing I was shocked with was the stark difference in color. My MC300 is pretty "green" colored meters compared to this thing. Hard to tell in the pics but it is very different. Haven't had a chance to hookup quite yet.
chris
Unless you've had new gels installed in front of your meters they will be faded from 20+ years of heat. Not a big deal to install new gels. But, as you've stated in a subsequent post, you will benefit from a new amp. Not only will the colors match, the sound will improve from the new components (primarily caps) and design. If you want new gels you may be able to have that done in 1-day. When I lived in Plano in the previous century there was a certified McIntosh service center in north Dallas. If it still exists you might be able to arrange a morning drop-off, afternoon pick-up for new gels.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag