View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 10:39 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I'm llstening to the Audioquest Vodka, and it sounds very nice; its fuller and richer-sounding than Wireworld Starlight Cat 8, but the soundstage does not extend as wide. The soundstage with the WW Starlight Cat 8 extends well past the speakers and the separation of instruments in the sound field is larger and more spacious, the Vodka just from the middle to the outer edges of my floor-standers and instruments are not as spatially-separated as much as they are on Starlight. The Vodka is harmonically richer and fuller-sounding with greater dynamic slam than Starlight Cat8 and with a deeper soundstage front-to-back, but sting bass not as tightly defined and articulated; its a a bit looser and flabbier than Starlight Cat8. Starlight 8 is just on the lean side of neutral, Vodka is just on the warm side of neutral. Overall, I think I prefer Vodka to Starlight as it seems a bit more "musical", but both are very nice and I could easily live with either.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-20-2019 at 10:44 PM.