View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 PM

I have been auditioning an X350.8 for a solid 6 weeks. It's my first Pass Labs foray. I have a pair of XA100.8 arriving tomorrow to compare. I am extremely excited to say the least. In the time I've had these I will mention a couple of observations. I will preface by explaining that I'm not really certain if these are amplifier dependent however none the less. First - the overall sound of my system (Classe pre/Pro, ariel acoustic 7t, Esoteric K-03, etc) was really improved when I ran the X350.8 thru my Torus RM 20 conditioner. It was substantial. I have all dedicated 20 amp receptacles. Also, and this might have nothing to do with the amp but the sound came alive when I went from internally bi-wiring my Ariel 7ts to externally bi-wiring with different sets of cables.

Anyway I am looking very very forward to see what the XA series is all about! I am going to listen to them for the first week straight into the wall but the next weeke I have an Audence Adept Ar2-Ts waiting which I think will be a solid addition.