View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM

I got to hear Bill's system this past Saturday. What a treat!

Apart from briefly walking to rooms at RMAF that had horns (and promptly walking back out again) I had never really heard a horn based system.

This is an incredibly musical system that conveys the soul of music with ease. I could snuggle up to this system for days it's so easy on the ears. Bill has obviously painstakingly assembled this system because it was very hard to find anything amiss. What really surprised me was that with my ear pressed up against the horns, there was no buzz, hum or whoosh, just silence!

Bass was very well integrated and while not as deep as my Sashas, it was so much more articulate, musical and convincing. Midrange was to die for and piano sounded more realistic and detailed on this system than I've ever heard. It's nice to hear a tube system that gets transients correct along with decay; from the deepest notes to the highest 'plinks' it was stunning, all the while with realistic weight.

Bill has a vast and tasteful collection of music (amassed over many years) and I was treated to wide variety of genres with some great gems (which reminds me: Bill I have to get you to write a list of those LPs!).

Thanks again, Bill. It was both highly entertaining and very enlightening to hear a system of that caliber.