View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plurn View Post
I don't understand your question/insinuation. Perhaps you can rephrase it? To try and answer it as is, my guess would remain the same, as I would not know they were counterfeit would I. If I did know they were counterfeit, I would not need to guess.

Anyway you seem to be insinuating they are counterfeit. They are not. Really does anyone try and counterfeit low cost relatively unknown PCC88 tubes? They counterfeit well known high priced Bugle Boy and Telefunken 12AX7 and 6922.

The ones I purchased are from a respected long established (operating since 1946) professional supplier in Europe. Who knows - maybe they purchased them direct from Philips in the '60s. The chance of them being counterfeits from China would be near zero. In any case, even if they were counterfeit (they are not) they are quiet, perform well, and last a much longer time than Electro Harmonix 6922 tubes in my ET5 - so what would be the problem there?

Anthony
I'm merely raising a question, not accusing. However, the Chinese (as well as others ) will counterfeit anything that can be profitably counterfeited. It's hard for westerners to appreciate just how low wages are in China; when a country's labor and manufacturing costs are as low as theirs are, there is plenty of money to be made pumping out even the most common tubes, as long as naive audiophiles will pay even a little extra for the bogus NOS label. Are they bad tubes? Not necessarily, and we all know that both the Chinese and the Russians make some fabulous tubes. However, the term NOS at this point strikes me as total joke. Like Phillips and Telefunken did not see the transistor age coming, and kept producing warehouses full of old tubes that audiophiles are now paying a fortune for? Give me a break.