Thread: Kitchen Refurb
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:42 PM

Default Kitchen Refurb

Hi all,

Lived in our small townhouse for 18 years. Refurbed the bathrooms 2 years ago, and that was a nightmare, but we plucked up the courage to do the kitchen as it has always driven us crazy, being very poorly designed & with horrible 1990's peach pink tiles, and as a rule, I loath tiles!

So I budgeted on $40k for the refurb, but it will be over $60k once we have finished!

Toughest part of the whole process is that the kitchen & lounge are 'open plan' & so I had to decommission my HiFi system due to the dust that was going to be produced etc.

Living out of our garage is no fun, its mid winter here, very cold & damp- and just to make matters worse, we were both sick the day we started to demolish the old kitchen. I ended up with pneumonia- which the set-off constant asthma attacks- so a bad start.

Saved some money as my 78yr old Dad assisted breaking up the old tiles & helped fix the holes in the Gib Board (I think you call Gib Board - sheet rock in the USA?).

Anyway, the Jarrah Floors are in & look great. They will be sanded & polished on Monday, the carpets cleaned next week (can reassemble my system then), with the kitchen installed on the 31st & the Ceaserstone bench & splash-back 2 weeks later.

Here's some photos- Im hoping that partially blocking off the kitchen will help the sound of my system!

I have to re position the HiFi rack as the new heat pump is now located there. I ve had to buy 2 eight metre pairs of speaker cable- picked Wireworld Solstice 7, based on Dan's review- so hoping they sound as good as Dan says!

Will post pictures once the system is re-set-up.

Cheers
Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2620.jpg (35.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2827.JPG (87.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2846.JPG (92.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2845.JPG (71.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2852.JPG (55.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2902.JPG (55.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2907.jpg (39.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2911.JPG (87.7 KB, 76 views)