View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Explain me this... How do dogs and cats know their "masters" or other family is coming way before they get there? My dog which passed away some years back would get up and come to the door at least 5-10 min before someone from our family or relatives that would often visit even get there? Same with my cat today. He is at the window exactly a few minutes before someone arrives and my wife tells me he does the same when I am coming home.
Here's my take on this —

1. Dogs love the same routine and are super keen of noises and their surroundings — so if you come home the same day everyday, that is easy for them.

2. They are super aware of how people act and every move we make before someone arrives.

3. They have super hearing and learned the sound and vibrations of your car from a distance.

4. Great sense of smell also helps.

5. If the TV or Music is on the same channel — they remember what comes next.

6. They understand our language and listen to key phrases.

7. They also must have a built in clock, solar activated.

8. They listen and observe everything and especially love to please.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub