View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Progtitioner View Post
Awesome system. How user friendly is the wavelet unit? I'm very intrigued by this speaker/DSP system.
Thank you!!! In short, "extremely" user friendly, painless and easy to use. Literally run 2 passes of tests, one for left speaker, one for right speaker, 4 feet away, mic aimed on-axis directly at center plate of the AMT (Air Motion Tweeter) and then submit the test results to Boehmer's server farm on the internet to compute the RoomEQ. The RoomEQ crunches away, something like 10 test phases, sometimes multiple iterations per test phase,...you watch it all in the logging window for progress via a web browser (or your iPad, etc..). When complete, you watch as the server send the package of revised curves, etc...down to the Wavelet and then you have your new RoomEQ in effect.

You also have the capability to engage apodizing or non-apodizing DAC, fine tune balance, levels, etc....save different contours and presets (your favorites) and various other functions. Once you have the RoomEQ results downloaded and enabled and the settings the way you like, you can not bring up the Wavelet's User Interface for weeks or months unless you want to change something (or your room or system or cabling changes and you want to recapture and re-run RoomEQ).

I had a XILICA 4080 Studio Pro DSP before this with the AERIS speakers; that unit was capable of much I never even had time to explore; the Wavelet is MUCH easier to utilize and get to enjoying the music.