View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58 PM
dpod4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayooo

Yup, exactly. In my case, Instead of those U shaped jumpers, I have a .5 ohm resistor for the tweeter..and a jumper on the mid-range...WHICH reminds me of another tweak. Most people recommend replacing those U shaped jumpers with something else. a real easy low cost tweak that can't hurt. I use Cardas, but there are many other good choices including making your own.

whether to use jumpers on both tweeter and mid-range as opposed to a possible tweeter attenuator, is essentially a personal preference thing. I'd installed the .5 ohm resistor early on with the tweeter and other than replacing the stock with the Deulund, I've not looked back. Every now and then I think about removing the resistor and going with no attenuator, but just never get around to it.
+1
Replaced tweeter U pin jumper with Deulund Cast resistor .6 ohm. Replaced midrange U pin jumper with custom empirical designs jumper (I have cardas Maggie jumper and prefer open fast sound of Empirical Design). I replaced stock fuses with HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses. All very worthwhile and noticeable tweaks.