Thread: Magico A1
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 01:45 PM

I just heard these at a local dealer and they sounded amazing. I am sure part of it was running on a high end Nagra system, but they still sounded great. I went with my wife and she kept asking me if those were the only two speakers on in the room. Yes they were, they just sound huge. They did run a lot of the demo with subwoofers on (two big REL's), but even when they were turned off the A1's sounded amazing. They played the same SRV track with and without the subs and, although the subs filled the bottom half octave, both sounded equally big.

I thought they were very revealing too. You could here the different positions of the instruments in the symphony pieces (strings left of center, horns right of center). I am pretty sure at one point on a piano piece I could hear when the musician was pressing the foot pedals. They put some classic rock on at the end and you could tell the difference in the recording qualities and even the quality difference of different tracks on the same songs. Great stuff!

-Geoff