View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 09:57 PM

Been breaking in the 208's - damn their good. Was listening to Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 2 and you can hear the different mics used song to song, that's pretty amazing.

They're ruthless with bad recording, lord, no sugar coating at all. Listening to Foo's "Times Like These" streamed through airplay made me turn the volume down. The quality improves dramatically with songs from Wasting Light and Sonic Highways! You can tell the band put more emphasis on sounding right.

Wifey requested Buble - very nice, I'm becoming a fan. Don't judge... lol BTW- she is really impressed too.

Other initial observations:

The sweet spot is huge! The tonal character doesn't change dramatically as I move around the couch, and I sit close.

The low mids and bass are phenomenal. Impact and slam is natural and blends seamlessly, this is kind of what I was missing before, that kick, that soul.

I haven't felt the need to dick around with their placement. So, at least in my room, they don't seem to be finicky. I will dial them in a bit more, just enjoying music too much right now, as I write this.

They sound strong! Again, the music's power is THERE! But not overdone, not "eq'd", eh em, sorry "voiced" to sound a certain way.

The highs aren't as sweet as what I'm used to, hopefully that gets better with more break in. I spent a lot of time with the Beryllium tweetered big brothers, that sweetness is not here as you would imagine at the price, but there is a lot of the Ultima Studio in here.

Glad I discovered these, I became a fan! And, very much by accident....