View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNut View Post

Toga has started a thread, seeking the advice and wisdom from his friends, has not taken anything "public", and I don't believe that the vast majority of us here would question his motives in having done so.

Well, no offence, but he is asking for wisdom in the wrong place. I owned 3 different Magico speakers in the past 8 years. Never had any issues. I also bother them, a lot (I am a pest, as you probably notice…). They always return my calls or emails, always!
It is really a shame that some people heave the uncontrollable urge to tarnish company QC reputation without first examining the situation, contacting the manufacture or even alerting the dealer. It is also a real treat to see everyone jumping in, knowing absolutely nothing on the matter. But why bother to find out? It is a lot easier to just rant.
What you see here is the Silicon sealer, that due to extreme weather changes have gotten squeezed more than the norm. It is not a “gasket that melted” and it can easily be cleaned. No damage nor malfunction on any one part, but if you let a room go from a 95 degree with probably 95% humidity without an ac, to a 65 degree, 50% humidity in 20 min with ac, you may have all sorts of issues. How do I know?? I called Magico this morning and talked to Dave. A very fine man, who was very happy to help, as usual. BTW, as of an hour ago, he had not heard from any Q7 owner/distributor in Thailand about any issues, NEVER. Toga will go to the trouble of alerting the world, taking videos and freaking everyone out, but will not bother to place a simple call to the manufacturer about this. Now how hard that could be?