View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 11:44 PM

I have a Jcat in mine.
I haven't compared them to other brands though.
It may be a huge improvement for others, but since A/B testing isn't blind, and there could be minutes apart from hearing onboard USB vs Jcat so I couldn't tell. Audible memory can be short.
What could improve USB audiophile soundcards is also the use of it's own power supply, which is supposed to improve sound. I used an ifi audiophile power supply on mine. The jcat has these tiny jumpers for different setups, position of the jumper is dependent on the power supply, internal or external. Mine was amazing out of the box because I set it up and it isn't working, I needed support. The support which I needed was pretty good. The install instructions with respect to the jumper position could have been a little more clear. I didn't really want to use an external power supply, but it was easier than uninstalling/reconfigure jumpers/resinstall.
I also think Jcat had a big upgrade to the clock since I bought mine about a year ago.

I heard good things about Pink Faun's clock options, but I can't vouch. It may be the mere stats of the clock are so impressive that it earned respect, but no one I know has one to say it's as good as it's hype.