View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Hi,

My .02 is that speaker cables in most systems do the heavy lifting, meaning that by combining current + signal, SPK cables must be more meticulously designed to ward off added resonance and dielectric related signal distortion. If these inherent distortions are addressed, they also can offer the best opportunity for a dramatic performance jump. Of course, there are no universal truths for cabling and there are exceptions to rules based on system specifics, so this is just one-take.

All that said, the TAP lowers EM distortion on the interconnects in a profound way. I demonstrate this at dealers by bringing the TAP in a la carte. I apply and then remove the TAP from a Delta IC as an effective demonstration. The differences are easy to hear.

I think some people will find aspects of the Delta signal cables preferable over Anaconda but I don't know that they would be better in every way, necessarily--they are less than 50% of the Anaconda price, for example. The Alpha models however, would be an attention grabber for anyone comparing to our previous top model, or many other top-models.

Sigma comparisons should range to any top of the line competitive model at any price. We were aggressive with getting the retail prices of these cables down, so I've been visiting dealers and comparing to other brands starting at double the Sigma price. It's been a great deal of fun so far.

There are a number of reviews in process, so stay tuned.

Grant
Grant,
Is the TAP embodiment patented? I would like to read the patent(s) on this. I'm really interested in the science behind it.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.