View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:30 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
I then had a chance to pick up an Innovation Wood, with the 9" universal arm, and Dyna XX2 cart. I like the bass, and attack of the Dyna, but think that I might prefer the slightly warmer sound of the Cadenza, but have not heard it on the new table. I have someone coming out to the house this Friday, to make sure the table, and cart are set up properly. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Am wondering what you've "heard" after having your TT/TA set-up checked by an 'expert'. Do you have him/her do both cartridges for you so you could compare to one another (as much as possible with the time lag after swapping same - no mean feat - one reason I go with a universal headshell TA). Dyna, Ortofon, Koetsu, etc., definitely all have their 'house sound'. To my ears AT and Ortofon are the most pleasing. YMMV.
p.s. - some tube-rolling in your ARC preamp migh change everything.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag