View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM

I auditioned the 9h's again for a few hours. They are nice sounding speakers, but honestly I don't get the cost. I realize it's a Paradigm thread, but I honestly feel my Quatro's are much better overall. More revealing, more natural highs, clearer overall, more realistic sound stage. The 9's do have outstanding bass. I think they've done a great job there. I'm not the biggest fan of the room correction either. I heard it smooth out many parts of the spectrum. They were very noticeable, however I also feel it puts a spec of a veil on the sound and as this price point, that should be the opposite for me. Was it the best speaker in his store? Yes, it was. It was better than the top of the line Meridian (also not a favorite of mine) and it blew away all the Focal Sopra's and again, it wasn't even close. I'd like to hear it agains the 20k Legacy and the Vandersteen Quatro (14k) and Vandersteen 5ct at 30k or so.

Again, it's a wonderful speaker and those who get it will be very very happy. I just listen to a ton of stuff out there and didn't fall in love for the cost. It does have much more detail than the similarly priced Wilsons (which to me lack true inner detail compared to most high end speakers).