View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
jayvis

i honestly would start with a great power conditioner first. I've tried a couple of them (shunyata, Niagara 7000), and find that the Torus AVR 20 is by far and way the best, to my taste. The difference with an without the conditioner wasn't even subtle. I wasn't a believer of this "taking care of the power" business until i made the change. once i did, the rest is history.

Get a Torus AVR 20 (or a power conditioner that you like ) and get a good power cord for it. Then put in the stock power cords for your components and plug everything into the conditioner and see what you think. You can then change the stock power cords with high quality cords over time!
Actually, this is really good advice and a great way to start. I don't know what the OPs budget is for getting into better power distribution products, but this is a very good way to start. Even an entry level Shunyata Venom PS 8 distributor would be a good, entry-level option. The key is to start "somewhere". Your advice to start with more, lower-priced cords for the same amt of money and then move up with higher quality cords as time and budget allow is excellent, too.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.