View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:29 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC2 View Post
Way to go Pumacat... I had noticed you where a fan of the brand same as I, it always feels good to scratch and itch. Looking forward to hear of your impressions on the new speakers. I’ve had my Harbeth for only four months and one thing is certain my listening sessions are longer than before, good times ahead. Congrats.

RC.
Thanks, RC. I am really enjoying them. I was reading the information sheet/owner's certificate and it mentioned that they are ready to go after only a few hours of play, so that will be welcome. New Dynaudios take a good 300-400 hours to run in, and they go through a phase of not sounding very good at all during that interval. So, this will be a welcome change.

I just noticed that the 30.2s, with their Silver Eucalyptus veneer, are "book-matched on all cabinet surfaces, so the grain of the wood on any panel are identical on the Left and Right speaker. A subtle but nice touch.

Stay tuned, more to come.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-16-2019 at 09:44 PM.