View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Dave.......That was more of a fluff article than an actual review of the astonishing Magnum Dynalab MD-109 Signature Edition FM Tuner. There is some serious electrical engineering in this tuner, as well as the Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature Edition FM tuner, which I prefer for its more traditional look.

Magnum Dynalab MD 108T

Those who may not have read my Magnum Dynalab MD108t vs: McIntosh MR88 review may find it interesting.
Dan, wonderful review. I only listen to FM very occasionally although I feel there are a few decent stations in my area. My new MR87 pulled in a huge number of stations with my roof mounted antenna. I like being able to vary the sensitivity. I have mine set on moderate. Also I like very much the 87's ability to digitize the signal and output it to my D1100 which only accepts digital sources. I don't believe even the new Magnum tuner can do this. Since I don't do vinyl I have enjoyed immensely being able to bypass the traditional analog preamp with the full-fledged digital D1100. I know the 87 is not the best tuner out there but as you point out it is competitive with the best.
Sources: McIntosh MCD1100 SACD player, MVP881 BR player, MVP851 DVD player, MR87 tuner, Marantz 510LV Laser Disc player, ASUS laptop USB (JRiver Media Center 23)
Speakers: Wilson Audio Specialties Alexx
Sub-woofer: Wilson Audio Specialties Thor’s Hammer (1) and Wilson Watch Controller
Cables main system: Audioquest Wel Signature speaker cables and IC’s; Dragon power cords (8)
Sub-woofer system: Audioquest Redwood speaker cable; Wolf IC and Hurricane power cords (2)
Power conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 7000 (1) and Niagara 5000 (2); (4) 20-amp lines

Last edited by Charles; 12-21-2018 at 06:08 AM.