View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 11:28 AM

I had the PM-14S1 & PM-14S1 for some time. IMO For the price they were great pieces, performing well above the price of admission.

The $2,500 SA-14S1 "entry level" reference player was discontinued recently along with the matching PM-14S1.

The Ki-Ruby pieces are replacement/upgrades to the PM-14S1. The Ki-Ruby celebrate 40 years of Ken Ishiwata with Marantz.

The Ki-Pearl pieces are pieces from 2009. SA-Ki Pearl & PM-Ki Pearl. They are 30 year anniversary pieces from Ken Ishiwata with Marantz.

The reason for the Ruby & Pearl names is that Rubys are traditional gifts to celebrate 40 years together and Pearls are the 30 year traditional gift.There have been several other Ken Ishiwata Signature editions over the years, the Ruby just happens to be the latest. It would be cool to see a Ki-Gold here in another 10 years.

https://www.us.marantz.com/DocumentM...merica_Inc.pdf

The $8,000 PM-10 & $7,000 SA-10 are still the top dog reference pieces by Marantz. The Ki-Ruby pieces are not replacements for those. I have both the PM-10 and SA-10, that SA-10 is a very special 40lb beast. I can't see myself ever getting rid of it! If you happen to get any of the Marantz gear it all of it is very special. If you end up with an SA-10 I am sure you will be very happy!