View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgarcia View Post
My 274B doesn't sound as good in my HO as that new fangled Gold Lion GZ34, but I stuck the 274 in a foam block so I can look at it. Childish, but hey now...

Well Musica, I mean no disrespect, and I hope I never lose my childish imagination. The point I'm making is simply that for me and (I imagine) many other SEP users it's simply not necessary to filter out the low frequencies if things sound fine. Or practice mirth control (that was a pun by the way…heh heh…). Exactly what does "mister studio" mean? I've spent decades as a home audio enthusiast, successful working professional musician, and successful live concert sound technician. Is that what you mean? Is it Snark Week? In both home and professional applications I've used mono amps, quads of amps with electronic crossovers, active and passive filters, designed systems of all kinds, dated Supermodels (tossed that in for no reason and it's not likely verifiable), and have developed a pretty good sense of how things work and what I need to hear. I do wish you success in your campaign to convert each of us into Filterphiles, but it's still no filters for my HO…no no no.
Pitty your vast "knowledge" will stop you from trying potential improvements ... To each his own