View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 04:42 PM

Default WW Platinum Series 7 COAX

Ivan posted his eclipse sale earlier this week and I figured I would at least check on the price to upgrade to Platinum.

By way of reference, I have been using WW Gold for quite some time, connecting my Bluesound Vault 2 to my Esoteric K-01X. I have been very happy with the Gold and Ivan has always maintained that Gold gets you very close to the performance of Platinum.

I purchased the Platinum cable and it arrived two days later, (gee Ivan, what took you so long ). I installed it this morning and WHAM! This was not a subtle upgrade. It was very significant (at least for my rig). Ivan has always been extremely knowledgeable and gracious with his time and recommendations. In this case, I think he was being somewhat conservative in terms of describing the jump from Gold to Platinum- at least for this Coax cable.

It is probably the most cost effective tweak I have experienced to date. For any of you on the fence between Gold or Platinum, go with Platinum!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,