View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 08:34 AM

It is interesting to read that Vivid has continued to develop the product.

I am more of an enthusiast than a more typical owner in that for me the B1 was a real stretch to afford. Given the fragility of the drivers it is reassuring to know that replacement and possibly even an upgrade is possible should the worst happen to my speakers. After a fairly "happy" warranty claim with the good folks who provide support in Australia about a year or so ago i have been trouble free, which is just as well as i have now moved out of warranty. My B&W804s at the rear of my integrated 2 channel and Home theatre are almost guaranteed to be in service into their second decade. I am hopeful that my Vivids with their intentionally fragile drivers remain unmarked and will continue to provide good service as well.

From time to time i do wonder if it is possible to physically clean the Vivid domes without risk of damage. Considering over 3 years use they look fine, but a little TLC would be good but i don't trust myself without a careful known technique. I have been tempted to use a boar bristle pastry brush ( like the one that belongs to the cat....short story illustrated by my avatar, he stole it from that back of the kitchen draw and made it his as it seem to taste great. it goes everywhere with him, often found in the dinner bowl or water dish). Ok, i wouldn't dare use his for a number of reasons but a fresh one would seem to offer a delicate cleaning action to safely remove dust from the preciouses ........maybe.

The new golf ball drivers look way more robust/protected but at the same time i am aware that even a speaker cloth or the wire covers on my 804s tweeters impact on the sound. The B&Ws keep their covers on however. I can't image such robust covers are completely transparent.

Last edited by Briz Vegaas; 12-06-2016 at 08:36 AM.