AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sonus Faber Anniversario's are in the House (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=3625)

1KW 02-27-2010 08:02 PM

Sonus Faber Anniversario's are in the House

4 Attachment(s)
I don't have time to post a impression as I am on my way out the door for dinner. Here are some pictures I took. I woke up thinking about the C500 and with the good advice of some friends here on AA I realized this would make a bigger improvement then swapping out electronics. My dealer agreed to let me have these for a home demo this weekend. He did not even ask me for a deposit... atleast he know's where I live. :D I will say this, these speakers are crazy. Anything bigger would be over kill, these may be over kill for my size room. I had to turn the JLsub off, if I keep these speakers the sub. will be going into the home theater.
sonus faber amati fabrikage-nl

Still-One 02-27-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 65746)
I don't have time to post a impression as I am on my way out the door for dinner. Here are some pictures I took. I woke up thinking about the C500 and with the good advice of some friends here on AA I realized this would make a bigger improvement then swapping out electronics. My dealer agreed to let me have these for a home demo this weekend. He did not even ask me for a deposit... atleast he know's where I live. :D I will say this, these speakers are crazy. Anything bigger would be over kill, these may be over kill for my size room. I had to turn the JLsub off, if I keep these speakers the sub. will be going into the home theater.
sonus faber amati fabrikage-nl

Just Beautiful!!! I think you will be using that sub a lot less in the future.

two dot 02-27-2010 08:11 PM

Beautiful David.

There is nothing like the beauty of the Homage line.

Looking forward to you findings.

JFR0317 02-27-2010 08:17 PM

Very nice, David! I am sure you will enjoy them. Those are just beautiful!:thumbsup:

PHC1 02-27-2010 08:21 PM

There you go! When there is a will, there is a way. :thumbsup: You may not get the bass qualities they are capable of until they are spiked. Once we get them optimized and on spikes, I am sure these will stay in your system for a very long time. :music:

JJinID 02-27-2010 08:26 PM

Congratulations - those are beautiful speakers indeed and I am sure you will enjoy them :music:

80B 02-27-2010 08:28 PM

David,
Very nice! Look forward to your impressions. The 500 pre will be next! :D

PHC1 02-27-2010 08:31 PM

David, just think how far you have gotten with this hobby in a rather short amount of time. :thumbsup: For many, the Amati's are a life long dream for sure. You have them right in front of you, what an accomplishment! Congrats and enjoy in good health! :music:

schaefer11 02-27-2010 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=PHC1;65756]David, just think how far you have gotten with this hobby in a rather short amount of time. :thumbsup:

All it takes is money and the willingness to spend it! :D

David, I think you are exactly correct in trying the speaker change as opposed to the electronics change. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Supercronopio 02-27-2010 08:48 PM

Those aren't going anywhere. Congratulations on your new speakers!