AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   New speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47750)

gadawg 03-15-2020 12:54 AM

New speakers

1 Attachment(s)
Well ... just got my newest upgrade all setup and been listening most of the day. Will follow up with some impressions after I’ve spent some time listening. So far though the upgrade from Sasha 2 to Alexx is amazing.

George

vegaracer1 03-15-2020 01:04 AM

Impressive!
Congratulations
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 998454)
Well ... just got my newest upgrade all setup and been listening most of the day. Will follow up with some impressions after I’ve spent some time listening. So far though the upgrade from Sasha 2 to Alexx is amazing.

George

gadawg 03-15-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaracer1 (Post 998455)
Impressive!
Congratulations

Thanks!

Antonmb 03-15-2020 01:28 AM

Fantastic setup, congratulations.

Charles 03-15-2020 03:47 AM

George, beautiful setup. Let us know your sonic impressions of your upgrade. Absolute congrats! Alexx is fantastic speaker. I see you are using front ports. It certainly looks like to me you know how to setup Wilsons. Of course use of the front port is room and taste dependent but I see you have the tweeters pointed straight at your ears as they should be from you listening position. The thing that attracted me to Wilsons from the beginning was on axis listening. With other speakers I have owned I have never understood exactly how much to toe in or out. You are told to begin with isosceles triangle and then adjust but how much of a triangle? How much adjustment? Although the Alexx is very heavy and there are many options, the end result should always be on axis listening with the correct settings for height and distance. Again my congratulations! A very clean, elegant, well thought out system. I am happy for you.

Charles

For The Love of Music 03-15-2020 04:27 AM

So nice, enjoy your efforts!

tweet 03-15-2020 11:28 AM

Congratulations! Beautiful setup. Enjoy. :music:

gadawg 03-15-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 998464)
George, beautiful setup. Let us know your sonic impressions of your upgrade. Absolute congrats! Alexx is fantastic speaker. I see you are using front ports. It certainly looks like to me you know how to setup Wilsons. Of course use of the front port is room and taste dependent but I see you have the tweeters pointed straight at your ears as they should be from you listening position. The thing that attracted me to Wilsons from the beginning was on axis listening. With other speakers I have owned I have never understood exactly how much to toe in or out. You are told to begin with isosceles triangle and then adjust but how much of a triangle? How much adjustment? Although the Alexx is very heavy and there are many options, the end result should always be on axis listening with the correct settings for height and distance. Again my congratulations! A very clean, elegant, well thought out system. I am happy for you.

Charles

Thanks Charles! I am using the front port and had no idea how much of a difference that could make in my room. These have such startling clarity compared to what I’m used to that I can’t even imagine how good your XVX’s are. Congrats on your awesome setup also!

George

Charles 03-16-2020 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 998490)
Thanks Charles! I am using the front port and had no idea how much of a difference that could make in my room. These have such startling clarity compared to what I’m used to that I can’t even imagine how good your XVX’s are. Congrats on your awesome setup also!

George

George, I'm so happy for you. Yes, I'm really enjoying my XVX but I think you will find the Alexx at least 95% of my XVX. It really is a fantastic speaker. It is truly a great value totally comparable to much more expensive speakers. I have now listened extensively to both. The Alexx takes a back seat to no existing speaker.:yes:

What color is your Alexx? Again super congrats! A purchase and acquisition well done. May you enjoy them for many years!

p.s. I know you will, but be sure to fill out your warranty card or have the dealer register them. For some reason I did not on my Maxx3 and Alexx. Don't know why. Just plain forgot. I did not forget with my XVX. It is registered at Wilson. I have no doubt Wilson would honor the speaker but for this kind of investment, cross the t's and dot the i's.

SCAudiophile 03-16-2020 06:38 AM

Congratulations George, system with new speakers looks fantastic!