AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Headphones, Personal Listening Gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Any new headphones Hi-Fiers here? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12600)

Dj_AmTraX 02-20-2012 02:46 AM

Any new headphones Hi-Fiers here?

It's no secret that I like headphones listening. Anyone else here discovered this very enjoyable private listening?

RoadDawgWest 02-20-2012 04:10 AM

I frequently listen to headphones There are times I get in the mood for headphone listening rather than the main system.

Headphone Amps: Headroom Cosmic, Headroom MAX, Grace M903, Bottlehead S.E.X.
Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, HD800, AKG K1000, Etymotic ER-4S, Ultimate Ears UE-11, Skull Candy Aviators for use at the office.

I would like to try Stax & Audeze. After building the Bottlehead I would like to try another build to power the AKG's.

Dj_AmTraX 02-20-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadDawgWest (Post 271317)
I frequently listen to headphones There are times I get in the mood for headphone listening rather than the main system.

Headphone Amps: Headroom Cosmic, Headroom MAX, Grace M903, Bottlehead S.E.X.
Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, HD800, AKG K1000, Etymotic ER-4S, Ultimate Ears UE-11, Skull Candy Aviators for use at the office.

I would like to try Stax & Audeze. After building the Bottlehead I would like to try another build to power the AKG's.

Whoa! That's a nice collection. :music:

Face 02-20-2012 11:08 AM

I enjoy it once in a while, but have nothing fancy yet...just a $100+ pair of Sennheisers and Shure 420 earbuds for use with my Zune HD and PC.

jdandy 02-20-2012 11:18 AM

Mike.......I was just listening to my Sennheiser HD600 headphone last night. I drive it with the Music Fidelity X-Can V8P tube headphone amplifier. Very satisfying. I have the headphones and amp sitting on the desk next to my computer monitor, and often listen when I am online. The Sennheiser HD600 and the Music Fidelity X-Can V8P are an excellent combination. I am also using the Stefan AudioArt Equinox headphone cable. The Equinox cable provides an nice performance boost over the stock Sennheiser headphone cable.

Dj_AmTraX 02-20-2012 11:46 AM

Dan,

I agree with you on the HD600 & MF X-Can combo. Very Hi-Fi for the money. Any desire to add another pair of cans to your system?

Robert_Anderson 02-20-2012 11:54 AM

I have a bunch, all I can use on the boat.

jdandy 02-20-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj_AmTraX (Post 271420)
Dan,

I agree with you on the HD600 & MF X-Can combo. Very Hi-Fi for the money. Any desire to add another pair of cans to your system?

Mike.......Probably not. My preference for listening to music is through the system speakers. I have to be in the mood for headphones, otherwise I default to the sound systems.

JSCC 02-20-2012 11:08 PM

Yes, like Dan, my preference is also listening music thru the speakers.

However, during this recent business trip, I picked up a set of Sennheiser MM550 BlueTooth under the influence of a colleague who had a similar Nokia 950i headset at Hong Kong Records & Co.

The convenience it provided in the hotel room listening to the music on the iPhone as well was watching movies via the iPad is nice. Quite pricy at HK$4.2k but so far, I am not complaining as its comfortable, have "noise cancellation, akin to Bose's and performing really good! :thumbsup:

Way better than the standard wired headphones that comes with the iPhone.

Cheers!

dpod4 02-20-2012 11:16 PM

I love listening to headphones and living in Portland we have the best headphone store on the planet - 32 Ohm Audio (check out their web site for pix of store and products) ....every earphone and amp known to man. I bought my Beyerdynamic T1 cans there after demoing about 7 brands' flagships. I run it thru a Beyerdynamic A1 headphone amp. I also have a Sennheiser hd650 with zu mobius cable and a modified MF xcan v3 and little pinkie power supply. The 650s are a little dark but very wonderful midrange. For me the T1s are perfect. Best headphone amp I have ever heard is Cavali Audio Liquid Fire tube amp. I want it!