AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Home Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Runco VX-11d (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10006)

enatai252 09-18-2011 11:41 AM

Runco VX-11d

Just finished upgrading the audio side of my hybrid HT system...as part of that process I added my fist BR player(oppo 93). I was surprised at how much better BR movie tracks sounded vs. The Vudu rental streams I was primarily using. The problem now is this system highlights the age of my two video displays. So I am replacing my 61" Runco plasma with the new 63" Runco Vistage and getting the new Runco VX-11 to replace the VX-1000d. Both new displays are 1080p native and I am getting a separate DHD4 processor for each display...the stock processor for the visage I don't like

Anyone else using Runco projectors?

enatai252 09-25-2011 09:58 AM

The Runco VX-11d was installed Friday...the 3chip projector w/ native 1080p made a bigger difference than I thought. Blu-ray still best picture but the Vudu HDX downloads also nice. Only downside was the Vudu would not pass a handshake through the Classe CT-SSP so I had to use a direct input inti Runco DHD. I use direct source Rez setting on Oppo and let Runco do the up conversion of DVDs to 1080p...will test difference with letting Oppo 93 do it soon

The new plasma will be here next week...and it was only a $1000 up charge to get the DHD4 processor which I prefer over the half size one w/ no display

For those who saw my Wilson center ceiling install...I also replaced the ceiling bracket Friday to move to 6" of down angle vs the 4" of the first bracket

Ivan just sent me tracking numbers for my 2 F212 sub stands...will take pics once room is complete

Masterlu 09-25-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enatai252 (Post 208684)
The Runco VX-11d was installed Friday...the 3chip projector w/ native 1080p made a bigger difference than I thought. Blu-ray still best picture but the Vudu HDX downloads also nice. Only downside was the Vudu would not pass a handshake through the Classe CT-SSP so I had to use a direct input inti Runco DHD. I use direct source Rez setting on Oppo and let Runco do the up conversion of DVDs to 1080p...will test difference with letting Oppo 93 do it soon

The new plasma will be here next week...and it was only a $1000 up charge to get the DHD4 processor which I prefer over the half size one w/ no display

For those who saw my Wilson center ceiling install...I also replaced the ceiling bracket Friday to move to 6" of down angle vs the 4" of the first bracket

Ivan just sent me tracking numbers for my 2 F212 sub stands...will take pics once room is complete

:thumbsup:

enatai252 10-10-2011 01:55 AM

Just put the F212s up on their stands. I was very pleased with the heft and quality of the stands...although would have liked an option to fill with lead or sand. Quite a challenge for one person to lift the 212s onto the stand...mission accomplished but I may be a little sore tomorrow. Having to wait til 21st of this month until new plasma goes in...went ahead and ordered 50ft runs of transparent ultra and HDMI to replace the construction speaker runs...and it's taking longer to get than expected. Once everything is pulled and connected...and any holes filled/repainted...I will post the pics

TommyC 10-10-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enatai252 (Post 208684)
I use direct source Rez setting on Oppo and let Runco do the up conversion of DVDs to 1080p...will test difference with letting Oppo 93 do it soon

I look forward to your comparison on this. I'm interested to know whether a video processor will do a much better job on deinterlacing than an internal processor on 1080i source.

tigerhonaker 12-07-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enatai252 (Post 206596)
Just finished upgrading the audio side of my hybrid HT system...as part of that process I added my fist BR player(oppo 93). I was surprised at how much better BR movie tracks sounded vs. The Vudu rental streams I was primarily using. The problem now is this system highlights the age of my two video displays. So I am replacing my 61" Runco plasma with the new 63" Runco Vistage and getting the new Runco VX-11 to replace the VX-1000d. Both new displays are 1080p native and I am getting a separate DHD4 processor for each display...the stock processor for the visage I don't like

Anyone else using Runco projectors?

I am also looking to purchase the Runco VX-11d.
I don't see where you have been back on this Thread you started for months now.
Do you mind dropping back by and giving your {Review} on the VX-11d?

Would really like to know what your impressions are of it and also what size screen you are using with it.

Thanks,
Terry

jwhite613 12-07-2011 01:50 PM

tigerhonaker... Welcome To AA!!!

:welcome2.:

chessman 12-07-2011 02:26 PM

tigerhonaker, welcome aboard! :wave:

tigerhonaker 12-08-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhite613 (Post 236979)
tigerhonaker... Welcome To AA!!!

:welcome2.:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 236986)
tigerhonaker, welcome aboard! :wave:

Terry

enatai252 12-09-2011 04:21 PM

Sorry...I have been playing in the analog world the last few weeks. With respect to the VX-11d...its awesome and is quite a step up for the VX-1000d i had previously. I have my main sources...(cable box and Oppo 93 set up to send native resolution to the 11d. Other sources are AppleTV (720p), Vudu (1080p) and Roku (720p/1080p). The 11d works well with all signals and is relatively fast in switching between resolutions. The contrast and brightness of the projector is awesome...very black blacks and a good picture even with some light in the room. I have not noticed many artifacts...and while the 1000d was difficult to watch on some sports programs...the 11d is superb. I am also very thrilled with the Vistage 63 plasma...which gets used for most TV material. beautiful both on and off. I use the identical external controller for the plasma...which also switchs between resolutions flawlessly.

I did try using the Oppo at 1080p and let it convert native rates...but the Runco did a much better job with managing artifacts and it felt like the Runco processor's 1080p output...when using a 480p or 720p resolution...was much better.