AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Turntables & Tonearms (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dyson enters high end audio market! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45480)

W9TR 04-01-2019 09:57 AM

Dyson enters high end audio market!

https://www.audioaficionado.org/pict...pictureid=4963

For Release Time

1 April 2019

Dyson Ltd. Announces G-Force Cyclon[emoji769] Tonearm

Dyson’s First Entry into high performance sound reproduction

Wiltshire, England— 1 April 2019 — Earlier today at a well attended unveiling, Sir James Dyson, President of Dyson Ltd. announced immediate availability of the Dyson G-Force Cyclon[emoji769] Tonearm, a revolutionary approach to vinyl based audio reproduction.

“Lateral and vertical bearing friction has been reduced to zero through the innovative use of Airblade[emoji769] technology” said Thomas Fletcher, Chief Designer at Dyson Ltd.

Positive Press

When used with my Ortofon A-95, The G-Force Cyclon[emoji769] tonearm could sustain pace, rhythm and drive like no other arm I’ve heard at this price point. It gave body and richness to otherwise limpid and lightweight musical presentations. A great, all-rounder, the Dyson G-Force Cyclon Tonearm maybe lacked the insight of its cost-is-no-object competitors, but the sound had a relaxed quality that this listener found quite enticing.” Michael Fremer, Analog Planet.

Technology

The G-Force Cyclon[emoji769] Tonearm uses a unique and comprehensive system for tuning an entire audio system based on special physical properties of highly symmetrical crystal structures. The Cyclon technology provides effective resonance control and RFI/EMI absorption while simultaneously mitigating problems associated with the listening room boundaries and the 3-dimensional space within those boundaries.

“We employ a number of highly-specialized, proprietary techniques in the preparation/assembly of the G-Force Cyclon Tonearm” claimed Sir James Dyson, President of Dyson Ltd.

“The fundamental operating principle of the G-Force Cyclon[emoji769] involves a number of atomic mechanisms in the crystal lattice structure of our 3D Printed arm wand.” Said Tom Fletcher, Chief Designer, Dyson Ltd.

“The G-Force Cyclon[emoji769] will enhance the performance of your audio system so your favorite music will become a mind blowing auditory experience. The term "audiophile" has become pejorative. I got into high quality audio because I am a music lover first, who likes it to sound good. We all know that quest, but the driving force is music not gear. “ Said Sir James Dyson, President, Dyson, Ltd.

Founded in 1984, Dyson Ltd. (Nasdaq “DYSN”) is the worldwide leader in expensive vacuum cleaners that don’t work any better than a Hoover.

###

For more information, press only:

Mr. Derrick Crane

0-44-54-845-365

Derrick.crane@dyson.com

crwilli 04-01-2019 10:04 AM

04/01/2019

US Blues 04-01-2019 10:51 AM

Excellent! :D

jzzmusician 04-01-2019 11:43 AM

Nicely done!!!

JemHadar 04-01-2019 12:25 PM

Too funny

Puma Cat 04-01-2019 12:59 PM

What would Frank Shröder say? :p

W9TR 04-01-2019 01:29 PM

Dyson enters high end audio market!

I believe that the G-Force Cyclon arm is in direct competition with Mr. Shröder’s ALTO arm with one key added feature.

The Dyson G-Force Cyclon also cleans the record as it plays with an advanced vacuum system that bathes the record surface with a high concentration of genetically modified oxygen molecules. The end result is more ‘air’ around all the instruments.

How this key feature was omitted from the original press release is beyond me.

Puma Cat 04-01-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 959473)
I believe that the G-Force Cyclon arm is in direct competition with Mr. Shröder’s ALTO arm with one key added feature.

The Dyson G-Force Cyclon also cleans the record as it plays with an advanced vacuum system that bathes the record surface with a high concentration of genetically modified oxygen molecules. The end result is more ‘air’ around all the instruments.

How this key feature was omitted from the original press release is beyond me.

LOL. Good one, Jim! :D

Audioraven 04-01-2019 05:04 PM

I prefer the Lirpa Labs tonearm.

Route 66 04-01-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioraven (Post 959523)
I prefer the Lirpa Labs tonearm.

I remember looking forward to the Lirpa Labs issue every year about this time. :D