AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Michael Fremer visits the Wilson Audio Factory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39861)

vintage_tube 07-13-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 855778)
Dan - why do you think so? He has listened to Wilson speakers for as long as I can recall.

In 2013 he had XLF's. Assume he still does.

Best Sir,

Bob

jdandy 07-13-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 855778)
Dan - why do you think so? He has listened to Wilson speakers for as long as I can recall.

Glenn.......Owning a speaker brand and being up to speed on the technology and design elements is two different things. One can own, listen to, and appreciate a speaker's sound without a clue what it takes to make it happen. I am not saying Micky doesn't have a clue but my impression of his comments, responses, and questions during the tour left my thinking he was not at the same level of knowledge he typically is with turntables, tonearms, phono cartridges, and vinyl LP's. Just my take.

metaphacts 07-14-2017 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 855783)
In 2013 he had XLF's. Assume he still does.

Best Sir,

Bob

Actually Bob he has ALEXX, which are a better match for his smallish room.

bp

2fastdriving 07-14-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 855878)

bp

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. Sounds like a good move if his room isn't huge.

vintage_tube 07-14-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 855878)
bp

Thanks .... consider me being updated. Considering he's a Wilson Audio fan, I agree with other comments in this thread though, he didn't appear to be very acquainted.

Best sir,

Bob

metaphacts 07-14-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 855894)
Thanks .... consider me being updated. Considering he's a Wilson Audio fan, I agree with other comments in this thread though, he didn't appear to be very acquainted.

Best sir,

Bob

I think a better description might be distracted. Michael was in Provo to hear the WAMM and getting WAMM'ed will do that to you. Michael is a long time owner of multiple Wilson speakers and is knowledgeable about our processes and products.

The tour was meant to be informal. Were he doing a normal tour that he had decided well in advance to video, the Mikey I have known since his Tron days would have been more scripted.

vintage_tube 07-14-2017 09:20 AM

Thanks Mr BP -- it was a great video, I'll give him and Wilson Audio kudos for sure.:thumbsup:

Bet your glad it's Friday.:yeeea:

Best Sir,

Bob

Audio 1 07-14-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 855904)
I think a better description might be distracted. Michael was in Provo to hear the WAMM and getting WAMM'ed will do that to you. Michael is a long time owner of multiple Wilson speakers and is knowledgeable about our processes and products.

The tour was meant to be informal. Were he doing a normal tour that he had decided well in advance to video, the Mikey I have known since his Tron days would have been more scripted.

I would say you are spot on with your comments Bill :thumbsup: :wave: