AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New NR series power cords compared to the older Alpha and Sigma series. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39623)

CGabriel 11-26-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrycwk (Post 942198)
Hello Carlin and Grant,

May I ask when using Denali 6000T, is sigma nr significantly better than sigma ef? I’m asking because in the website, pairing sigma ef with 6000t is recommended as one of the possible applications.

Many thanks!

The Denali has such a high level of noise reduction built-in that the NR in the power cables provides little to no additional benefit. We usually recommend the Delta EF, Alpha EF or Sigma EF for use as an input cable to the Denali or Triton power conditioners.

Terrycwk 11-26-2018 01:54 PM

Hi Caelin, thank you so much!

Masterlu 11-26-2018 04:10 PM

Terrycwk... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Terrycwk 11-26-2018 08:57 PM

Thank you Masterlu! =]

j3brow 11-26-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGabriel (Post 942236)
The Denali has such a high level of noise reduction built-in that the NR in the power cables provides little to no additional benefit. We usually recommend the Delta EF, Alpha EF or Sigma EF for use as an input cable to the Denali or Triton power conditioners.

With the Typhon QR in front of Triton v3, would it still be Sigma EF wall to TQR and then the included TQR power cord between TRQ and Tv3?

CGabriel 11-27-2018 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 942295)
With the Typhon QR in front of Triton v3, would it still be Sigma EF wall to TQR and then the included TQR power cord between TRQ and Tv3?

If you bought the TQR (Typhon) after the Tv3 (Triton), connect the TQR to the wall with the power cord that you used to connect the Tv3 to the wall. It doesn’t matter if the cable was an NR or EF type. The TQR and the Tv3, both require a C19 type power connector at the input. So the cable used for the Tv3 is compatible with what is required for the TQR.

If you purchase the Tv3 and TQR together as the reference stack, I would recommend a Sigma EF to connect the TQR to the wall. Then use the supplied Sigma Typhon umbilical to connect the Tv3 to the TQR.

Terrycwk 11-27-2018 01:35 PM

Hi Caelin,

Actually i’m using an Alpha HC for the Denali 6000T now, will improvement be significant if upgrading to a Sigma EF?

Thanks!

Crumhorn 11-27-2018 10:52 PM

Hi Caelin,

I'm currently using an Alpha NR between my 6000T & the wall. (As my dealer didn't inform me that the Alpha EF would be just as good...)

How much of an improvement would a Sigma EF make? (I have my mono blocks plugged into the HC outlets, & my preamp, phono stage, SACD player, & active bass crossover plugged into the "source" outlets.)

Thanks.

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

CGabriel 11-29-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrycwk (Post 942347)
Hi Caelin,

Actually i’m using an Alpha HC for the Denali 6000T now, will improvement be significant if upgrading to a Sigma EF?

Thanks!

The Alpha HC is one of the best high current cables we have produced.

However, the Sigma EF is formidable.

CGabriel 11-29-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumhorn (Post 942427)
Hi Caelin,

I'm currently using an Alpha NR between my 6000T & the wall. (As my dealer didn't inform me that the Alpha EF would be just as good...)

How much of an improvement would a Sigma EF make? (I have my mono blocks plugged into the HC outlets, & my preamp, phono stage, SACD player, & active bass crossover plugged into the "source" outlets.)

Just to be clear, the EF is not superior to the NR version. They are the same cable in construction and connectors except the NR version have built-in noise reduction. AAMOF, the NR is usually superior in performance to the EF when used on individual components. It is just that in this very specific application - the wall to Denali cable - that the NR has little to no advantages over the EF version. It is for this reason we recommend the EF version since it costs less.

And to be fair to the dealer, the EF version was released sometime after the NR version. So depending upon when you purchased the cable the dealer may not have been aware of it for this application.