AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo boys on the upgrade route.... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9749)

Jerome W 09-03-2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turntable (Post 200474)
I must admit, if i were getting 100% trade up on my gear, I would be upgrading at every opportunity I could :banana:

Me too !
Matt is an awesome dealer. :thumbsup:
I wish I could have one like that in France !

pitch perfect 09-03-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turntable (Post 200474)
I must admit, if i were getting 100% trade up on my gear, I would be upgrading at every opportunity I could :banana:

:D

Admittedly, it's not for every product, since some are closer in price.
For example, when it gets to the Shindo loudpseakers, those are tough for me to take on trade up toward another model of Shindo Loudspeaker.. nor would you want to anyway, for there is no reason.

-M

MisterBritt 09-03-2011 04:28 PM

Is my thinking correct? Shindo makes one line of speakers. That line is Latour speakers. They are offered in both 15" and 12" woofer size. Latour

sibelius 09-03-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterBritt (Post 200897)
Is my thinking correct? Shindo makes one line of speakers. That line is Latour speakers. They are offered in both 15" and 12" woofer size. Latour

I believe you can buy the Latour in both Alnico and Field Coil driver arrangements. The Field Coil is the premium level Speaker. I'm sure Matt will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Cellindo 09-04-2011 08:07 AM

Will someone here upgrade to the new ALLEGRO (very) limited edition preamplifier with full-NOS components inside?

http://pitchperfectaudio.files.wordp...8/allegro2.jpg

Matt, not sure if there is ever any chance to get one in 230V (purchased through you)?

pitch perfect 09-04-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sibelius (Post 200915)
I believe you can buy the Latour in both Alnico and Field Coil driver arrangements. The Field Coil is the premium level Speaker. I'm sure Matt will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Yes, correct. :thumbsup: Additionally, there are 'Petite' Latour models for smaller listening rooms - they contain smaller horns with different dispersion characteristics, and 12" woofers. Also available in Alnico or Field Coil.

Also, Shindo produces the 604 series, which are also available in the Petite cabinet and a larger 'Latour' sized cabinet (yep, these are available in Alnico and Field Coil.) I just came home from an out of state installation involving these speakers - check my website for a post soon about them..:yes:

-Matt

TommyC 09-04-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchperfect (Post 201153)
Yes, correct. :thumbsup: Additionally, there are 'Petite' Latour models for smaller listening rooms - they contain smaller horns with different dispersion characteristics, and 12" woofers. Also available in Alnico or Field Coil.

Also, Shindo produces the 604 series, which are also available in the Petite cabinet and a larger 'Latour' sized cabinet (yep, these are available in Alnico and Field Coil.) I just came home from an out of state installation involving these speakers - check my website for a post soon about them..:yes:

-Matt

Matt, am I correct in assuming Shindo makes 4 Petite models? 2 Alnico and 2 Field Coil.

What is the Petite's dimension?

Will check your site soon.

MisterBritt 09-04-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 201326)
Matt, am I correct in assuming Shindo makes 4 Petite models? 2 Alnico and 2 Field Coil.

I would be interested to learn about the Petite's dimensons as well. Meanwhile, I came across these photos of the Petite Letours that I thought might be of interest.

Spellbinding « pitch perfect audio

pitch perfect 09-05-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cellindo (Post 201100)
Will someone here upgrade to the new ALLEGRO (very) limited edition preamplifier with full-NOS components inside?

Matt, not sure if there is ever any chance to get one in 230V (purchased through you)?

I would have to check on 230v availability..

-M

pitch perfect 09-05-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 201326)

Yes, the Petite Latour and Petite 604 are each available in Alnico and Field Coil - each one is a different size, due to the size of the 15" woofer used in the 604 version. Petite Latour uses 12" woofer.

The Petite Alnico Latours starts at $29.9k pr., at this time. Rough dimensions, offhand, are approximately 17+"w x 40+"h x 17+"d

-M