AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Alexias incoming! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39320)

2fastdriving 05-08-2017 12:03 AM

Alexias incoming!

Back in 2013 I bought Sasha 1's and went on a factory tour where I saw my speakers being built. http://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21600

I became enamored with the Wilson philosophy, products, and family. I said once that the Sasha was my "lifetime speaker". I absolutely love that speaker, and I've never been anything less than thrilled by the performance. There are different approaches to building a system; I've mostly believed that you build around the best speakers you can afford.

The Sasha 2 came out 6 months after I got my 1's, which meant I was able to take advantage of a trade up program at the time. They made it easy, so it was a no brainer. I felt like the Sasha 2 was a nice refinement over the original, and I fell in love with the new tweeter that was slowly making it's way into all Wilson products.

Last week when the Alexia 2 was announced, I jokingly asked my dealer if he was going to give me a pair of v1's for a firesale price. He said he would put together a deal, and after going back and forth a bit and involving Wilson in the discussion, things fell in place.

I'm getting a pair of Alexia v1's in Dark Titanium with black grilles and silver/natural hardware!

I haven't been given a date yet, but I anticipate just a few weeks.

I'm super excited. I really never saw myself going above the Sasha's because of prohibitive cost. I've heard Alexia's in many, many places...shows, my dealer's various locations, etc. I have never been anything less than blown away by what they can do. It will be very interesting for me to see exactly what you do get over a Sasha 2, all else being equal. I'm so familiar with the Sasha's at this point, I'll know in seconds after the Alexia is plunked down.

I'll follow up with pics and more information when I get them! :banana::thumbsup::music:

jdandy 05-08-2017 12:12 AM

Marc.......Holy smoke. You have to be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. Seems like new speakers are flying out of dealer's doors these day.

Congratulations. Looking forward to your review and photos.

bart 05-08-2017 05:30 AM

Marc, wow!
That will be an upgrade indeed.
Congratulations and enjoy them.

Jean-Marc jmajma 05-08-2017 06:17 AM

Congrats and welcome to the club!

You'll be very very happy, I'm sure of that.

I guess you are very excited, and from now until they are in your home, nights will be full of dreams.

Enjoy, and don't forget pics.

joey_v 05-08-2017 07:22 AM

Almost bought the Alexia 1 about 6 weeks ago myself... I can honestly say, congratulations Mark!

Audio 1 05-08-2017 07:51 AM

So excited for you Marc!! :yes:
I love the way that Wilson treats its customer's and your story on Bill Peugh's involvement to help make the deal happen is really awesome :thumbsup:

I will be looking forward to the forthcoming arrival and set-up pictures of your new Alexia's!

tweet 05-08-2017 08:19 AM

Marc,
Congratulations! Looking forward to the delivery and reviews. :thumbsup:

FDPDK 05-08-2017 10:15 AM

Marc , congratulations with those speakers, they are for sure awesome .
I have only heard Sabrina - Yvette and Sasha 2 , they did all blow me away....so i am sure that Alexia will be even better.

Looking forward to you impressions and review. :)
Flemming

crwilli 05-08-2017 10:23 AM

Exciting upgrade Marc! Congratulations.

JFB 05-08-2017 10:50 AM

Wow Marc, congratulations! You've really got to be excited about this upgrade. The Alexia is truly an outstanding speaker and paired with your electronics, OMG!